Apartamentos La Baranda
We are looking for a decisive, helpful and courteous receptionist with a hands-on mentality.
About Apartamentos La Baranda
Apartamentos La Baranda is an attractive and small apartment complex in authentic Andalusian
style. We are located in southern Spain in the municipality of Torremolinos within walking distance
of the cozy old fishing district La Carihuela. We rent out 18 studios and 24 apartments mainly to
tourists on the basis of self catering. La Baranda does not have its own restaurant.
Key duties and responsibilities
– Organize and execute all check-ins and check-outs efficiently in a professional manner;
– Process all incoming reservations and maintain contact with various travel agencies;
– Welcome all guests with a smile and guide them to their room;
– Process customer payments and take responsibility for the security of the keys;
– Answering the front desk phone and demonstrate proper telephone etiquette;
– Help customers make reservations and offer advice and suggestions to guests;
– Handle guest issues, complaints, and requests and pro-actively resolve them in a satisfactory manner;
– Make and plan the cleaning schedule of the rooms and monitor the room inventory;
– Assist the cleaning ladies daily and clean rooms yourself (from June to September this will be almost full-time);
– Manage laundry inventory, take care of the good use of washing and industrial ironing machines;
– Order stock and receive deliveries;
– Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your supervisor;
– Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
Bilingual in English / Spanish.
Additional language experience in Dutch will be beneficial and is a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Excellent customer care and communication skills (customer service experience is a plus).
Be able to work on your own initiative.
Be able to solve problems.
Be able to cope well under pressure.
Working well in and as a team.
Computer skills: Microsoft Office package, Windows, Internet. Experience with a PMS-system is a plus.
Standing, walking, bending, hearing, seeing, climbing stairs.
09.00 a.m. – 18.00 p.m. Full-time (40 hours). 5 days per week to be determined in consultation.
Also in weekends.
Temporary contract for 6 months with prospect of permanent employment (subject to trial period).
Please sent your reaction to the job offer along with your personal data resume (CV) in English
before the 22th of September to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Mr. R. Leugering, General
Manager, Apartamentos La Baranda.